Saturday, December 09, 2006

Everyone Knows About Them

Someone mentioned to me that I tend to use a lot of scenarios from international relations for starting points for my Negotiation 101 lessons. It's true.

I do that because they are situations most discerning people know about, even if they have no idea what they would do if they were personally involved. (Heck, I don't know what I would do, if I had a grasp on all the subtle details.) They are also high stakes, and generate some emotion.

The emotion, high stakes, and complexity are what I find make for lessons people will remember, and that is why I use them as takeoff points. They are negotiation situations of the highest water, and worth discussing.

Still, if you have a situation you'd like to use as a starting point - perhaps a situation you really have or expect you might get into - by all means please send it to me at NP(at)NegotiationPro.com and I will try to add a posting.

Thanks very much and Happy Holidays.

Phil Marcus, the Negotiation Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment